Getting Rid Of Centipedes From Your Lexington Home Once & For All
It’s early in the morning and you are getting ready for a long day at work. With eyes still nearly glued shut you wander into the kitchen to brew your morning cup of coffee. Grabbing a granola bar from the pantry and a mug from the cabinet you head back to the counter to pour yourself a cup of well-needed joe. It is then when you spot it, a horrifying creature zooming across your wall at lightning-fast speeds. The sight of it and it’s many crooked legs cause you to drop your favorite coffee mug and you watch as it shatters on the floor below.
All of this is to make one point, living with centipedes can make it feel like you’re living in a horror house. With every passing moment, there is always a chance for a jump scare when centipedes are around. How can you stop them? Here are some tips we recommend for getting rid of centipedes in your Lexington home once and for all.
Are Centipedes Dangerous?
Despite looking like they could kill you with just a stare, centipedes are, in fact, harmless. Although venomous and carnivorous, centipedes pose no real threat to humans, pets, or even property. The worst they are capable of is causing a fright. Despite all of this, centipedes are still an unwelcome presence within homes. Able to grow to be several inches in length, extremely fast, and known for having well over a hundred legs when fully mature, centipedes are a horror to behold and a serious nuisance for homeowners everywhere.
Centipede Prevention Tips
To prevent centipedes you must first understand why they want to get into your home. Centipedes live on a diet that mainly consists of other insects. If your home has any pest problems such as ants, flies, spiders, etc, you can be sure centipedes will want to be around to catch a bite to eat. This means, to prevent centipedes you have to implement a number of methods to stop their prey from getting inside as well. Here are some general prevention tips for insects our experts recommend.
- Keep your yard trimmed and your landscaping well maintained.
- Remove clutter and debris from your property.
- Use a caulking gun to seal up holes, cracks, and gaps in your home’s exterior. These entry points can often be found along window and door frames, around utility pipes, and within the exterior foundation of your home.
- Fix ripped or torn window screens.
- Install door sweeps under exterior doors.
- Make sure weather stripping around your home is in good condition.
- Repair or replace leaky pipes, fixtures, and appliances.
- Check your gutters and make sure they are working properly.
- Clean your home thoroughly and regularly.
- Pick up food and drink messes as they occur.
- Limit the number of rooms you eat in your home to just one or two.
- Store leftover food inside airtight containers after you are done with a meal.
- Pick up and clean out your pet’s food and water bowls after they are done with them.
An Easier Way To Prevent Centipedes
Keeping centipedes, and the pests they invade to hunt, out of your home can be a hassle. If you are looking for a simpler way to deter centipedes from entering into your Lexington home, we offer high-quality solutions here at The Original Bugman Pest Elimination, Inc. With our general pest control options, you can find freedom not just from terrifying centipedes but from all the pests they invade to find.
Reach out to our team today to find the option that works best for your Lexington home and property.