How To Enjoy Your Leesville Home This Mosquito Season
There are plenty of things to enjoy about summertime in Leesville, but mosquitoes aren’t one of them. The good news is that they don’t have to put a damper on your day. Here’s what Leesville homeowners should know about how water attracts mosquitoes, how to make your yard less appealing to them, how to protect yourself from getting bit, and how pest control in Leesville can keep mosquitoes out of your yard.
Mosquitoes Love Water
If you’ve ever wondered why mosquitoes seem worse around lakes, swamps, or marshes, it’s not a coincidence. Mosquitoes love water, but they especially love any source of standing water where there’s little to no movement.
Mosquitoes prefer to lay their eggs and larvae in standing water, so habitats like wetlands or swamps make great places to live. You may not live near a swamp, but if you’ve got standing water on your property, it’s attracting mosquitoes. Even puddles, birdbaths, and decorative ponds can serve as mosquito breeding grounds.
Make Your Yard Less Appealing To Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes can be difficult to control, but there are a couple of ways to make your yard less appealing to them, such as:
- Eliminate any of those standing water sources, like birdbaths, puddles, clogged gutters, or yard debris that may fill up with water after rain.
- Try to limit how many bright flowering plants you put in your garden as mosquitoes also feed on nectar, and these plants can attract mosquitoes more easily.
- Don’t forget about regular lawn maintenance like cutting the grass or trimming bushes because weeds because tall grass and overgrown landscaping can give mosquitoes a shady place to rest.
How To Protect Yourself From Mosquitoes
You may know how to protect your yard from mosquitoes, but what about yourself? Here are some handy tips to help protect yourself from mosquitoes when you have to be outside for a couple of hours:
- Wear light-colored clothing since this can be more difficult for mosquitoes to see.
- Try to limit how much time you spend outside during peak mosquito activity hours, like dawn and dusk.
- Try wearing long sleeves and pants to limit the amount of exposed skin available to mosquitoes.
- If you’re going to be in an area with lots of mosquitoes, make sure you wear an insect repellant, preferably one containing DEET.
Mosquito Treatment For Your Yard
Besides protecting yourself from mosquitoes, the best way to reduce these critters around your home is by treating your yard with help from The Original Bugman Pest Elimination, Inc. With decades of experience and plenty of satisfied customers, our effective and reliable treatments will get the job done.
If you find yourself constantly swatting away at mosquitoes or want to reduce mosquito bites at a special event, there’s no reason to wait. Call us today at The Original Bugman Pest Elimination, Inc. to learn more about how we can help solve your mosquito problem in Leesville.