The Best Way To Handle A Termite Infestation On Your Irmo Property
Signs Of Termites On Your Irmo Property
- Finding discarded termite wings around your windowsills, doorjambs, and baseboards is a sure sign of an infestation. These wings are shed by swarmer termites and are a major sign that termites have moved to your property.
- When termites tunnel through the internal wooden structures of your home, they will hollow out and weaken the wood. This damage can result in sinking floors, hollow-sounding walls, and tight-fitting doors and windows. Over time, this type of damage may lead to structural collapse.
- Mud tubes that lead from the outside of your property to the foundation are a sign that subterranean termites may be in your home. Also, seeing a lot of these around your property is a warning that termites are starting to move inside.
Why It Is So Hard To Get Rid Of Termites On Your Irmo Property
Termites are some of the hardest pests to get rid of on your Irmo property due to the fact that they tunnel deeply into the internal wooden areas of your home. It can be almost impossible to catch a termite infestation before it becomes completely out of control, as many of the signs of termites you see only occur once a significant infestation is taking place.
Additionally, many DIY termite removal and control products can be hit or miss. If you want to combat a termite infestation in your home or business, you need to contact the termite specialists for your Irmo property — The Original Bugman Pest Elimination, Inc.
Who To Call About Termites On Your Irmo Property
If you want to get rid of termites for good, the best thing you can do is call termite specialists for your Irmo property. The professionals at The Original Bugman Pest Elimination, Inc. are highly trained and can provide you with a variety of customized termite treatments and termite removal strategies. Make sure to call the experts at the first signs of termites inside your house or business to ensure you stop termite damage before it gets out of control.
Ways To Prevent Future Termite Infestations In Irmo
To stop future termite infestations from taking place, you can follow the tips below to fully termite-proof your property.
- Seal up gaps and cracks in your foundation and around any utility lines that lead from the outside of your property to the inside.
- Keep your yard clear of debris, especially tree stumps, fallen branches, and discarded wood. You should store firewood or lumber on an elevated surface away from your property and may want to reduce soil to wood contact by placing barrier rocks between your yard and foundation.
- Address moisture issues, as pools of water can attract termites, and excess leaks can damage wood, further tempting termites to enter your home. Also, make sure there is proper ventilation throughout your property.