The Trick To Getting Rid Of Mice In Your Columbia Home
Signs Of Mice In Your Columbia Home
- Droppings left behind by mice are a major indicator that you may have a problem. Typically, urine and feces will be left in kitchens, food storage areas, attics, and basements, but may be anywhere mice visit within your home.
- Gnaw or scratch marks turning up on food packaging, cabinets, walls, and furniture are a big sign that mice have infiltrated your house. Mice can chew through virtually any material, so the damage they can cause to your home when uncontrolled can be significant.
- Seeing a mouse is a clear indicator that an infestation is taking place because it is rarely just one mouse that invades at a time – more will be hiding in the walls of your home or other hard-to-reach areas.
Can Mice In Your Columbia House Make You Sick?
Even though mice may be a common sight for many homeowners, never take these pests lightly. The diseases mice carry, such as hantavirus, salmonella, and lymphocytic choriomeningitis can easily be transmitted through contact with a mouse, their waste, or contaminated food. It is especially easy to become sick from the diseases mice carry because mouse waste will dry up and become airborne, increasing the risk.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Mice In Your Columbia Home
Tips To Keep Mice Away From Your Columbia Home
- Mice are very attracted to trash, food, and food waste. Always make sure to store leftover food properly and promptly, and ensure that all trash is in tightly sealed bags. You should also clean up all dirty dishes and food or drink spills as soon as possible.
- Take care of leaks or other moisture issues around your home, as pools of water will attract mice. Also, ensure that your home has proper ventilation to stop any moisture-ridden areas from forming.
- Keep your yard clear of debris and the grass trimmed down low. Make sure to remove woodpiles and fallen fruit, as this will make your yard less hospitable to mice looking for hiding spots.