Termites Are Ready To Make A Meal Out Of Your Lexington Home
Do you know that all termites are not created equal? Some termite species are far more destructive than others. The least destructive termites are drywood termites. The cost of damage caused by drywood termites in the United States is in the hundreds of millions. The reason they cause the least amount of damage is likely due to their visibility. Drywood termites push their dropping out of kickout holes, and these droppings are often clearly seen in the sunlight on window frames.
The most destructive termites in the United States are classified as subterranean termites. There are several species in this classification and some are more destructive than others. One of the worst of all subterranean termites is the Formosan subterranean termite, which is able to do structural damage to a home within 6 months.
In our South Carolina service area, our battles with subterranean termites and infestations of Formosan termites are on the rise. No homeowner in South Carolina should be without some form of termite protection, even if all you do is have an inspection once a year. While there are some signs you can look for to detect termite activity, subterranean termites are sneaky by nature and it can be very difficult to detect them if you don't have training or experience in termite detection.
The best solution to protect your Lexington home from destructive subterranean termites is to have a licensed professional install a termiticide barrier treatment around your home. At the Original Bugman Pest Elimination, Inc, we trust Termidor to get the job done right. Termidor is the number-one name in termite protection in the United States.
What can you expect from Termidor?
There was a time when termiticides killed termites on contact. For its time, there was nothing better for stopping the damage termites cause, but in the last few decades, Termidor has increased in its effectiveness by taking on termites in a whole new way. It is called the Termidor Transfer Effect™.
- Step One — Termites pass through the termiticide product that has been injected into the soil around your home. This product is undetectable to termites so there is no defensive response to exposure.
- Step Two — Exposed termites transfer the active ingredient with each other as they groom one another. Since termites groom each other excessively, the product moves quickly through the colony.
- Step Three — The termites in the colony slowly die off, including the queen and all the female reproductives. When there are no more reproductive females, the colony is dead.
What can you expect from The Original Bugman Pest Elimination, Inc?
- Our service team members are expertly trained and fully licensed by the state.
- Our technicians are certified in the application of Termidor products.
- With over 30 years of experience, you can expect the highest level of professionalism from our team.
- Our service team has done the hard work necessary to earn the QualityPro mark of excellence from the National Pest Management Association. Only 3% of pest control companies in the United States have earned this distinction. It is only awarded to companies that show an excellence in business operations, environmental stewardship, consumer relations and employee education.
What can you expect from subterranean termites?
If you do nothing, your savings and your retirement could be at risk. The equity of your home is part of your nest egg. For some families, it is their entire nest egg. When subterranean termites infest, they can do extensive damage, and most home insurance policies won't cover this kind of damage. Insurance companies view termite damage as preventable through routine maintenance. Let our team help you perform this routine maintenance and prevent termites from eating away at your equity.
Getting started is easy. We offer a free pest control inspection. There is no obligation to buy services. We send someone over to check things out and guide you in choosing the right services to address any of your pest control concerns, including subterranean termite damage protection. Reach out to us to schedule your inspection today. We look forward to meeting you and helping you get your protection in place. We service Lexington, SC and the surrounding area with industry-leading pest control and the highest level of service available.
Home Pest Control
Safeguard your home against pest problems with our residential services
Learn More >
Keep ants out of your home with our residential ant control services
Learn More >
Bed Bug Control
Stop bed bug invasions with our advanced bed bug control solutions
Learn More >
Protect your home and property from termites with our termite control services
Learn More >
Eliminate rodent problems in your home with our rodent removal services
Learn More >
Recent Blog Posts
Schedule Your Free Inspection
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.