Mouse Control Made Simple For Chapin Homeowners
House mice can cause big problems for such small rodents when they infest homes. If you hear noises in the walls at night or find other evidence of these pests in your house, it is time to take action. This blog will explain more about mouse pest control in Chapin and help you determine how to keep your home and family safe from these troublesome pests.
Proper identification is always the first step in pest control, so we'll start by describing the common house mouse and provide some signs to look for. We'll also detail the risks of having these pests infesting your home and give some simple mouse prevention tips to help you keep them from returning. Keep reading to learn the best way to get rid of mice with help from The Original Bugman Pest Elimination, Inc.
Characteristics Of The Common House Mouse
House mice have dusty gray, round bodies with a cream-colored underside and are between 2 1/2 and 3 3/4 inches long (not including the tail). They also have big ears and pointed muzzles that can help to identify them. You may also notice gnaw marks, droppings, or mouse footprints around your home.
If you're not sure what type of rodent is in your house or need assistance getting them out, the pros at The Original Bugman Pest Elimination, Inc. are here to help. Contact us today to learn more about our mouse pest control services or to schedule a free inspection.
Mice Can Spread Diseases And Damage Property
House mice may look harmless, but these little pests endanger your health and the structure of your house. The following list details some of the diseases mice carry and the damage they can cause:
- House mice spread illnesses such as leptospirosis, lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCM), tularemia, and salmonellosis.
- Inhaling the dust from dried mouse droppings can cause allergies and asthma flare-ups.
- Mice also bring fleas, mites, lice, and ticks into your home.
- Mice can chew through wiring and spark electrical fires.
- House mice damage property with their constant gnawing.
Prompt mouse elimination can reduce the chances of disease transmission and property damage. Contact us at The Original Bugman Pest Elimination, Inc. to learn more about our house mouse pest control or to schedule an inspection.
Five Simple Yet Effective Mouse Prevention Tips For Around The House
After we get rid of your house mice, the next step is ensuring they won't be able to return. Here are some effective tips to keep mice out of the house for good:
- Seal any gaps on the house's exterior larger than 1/4 inch.
- Keep shrubs and tree branches cut back from the house.
- Store food in sealed pest-proof containers.
- Avoid storing pet food in the garage.
- Reduce hiding spots by eliminating clutter and avoid storing boxes on the floor.
- Keep your home and storage areas clean and dry.
When you work with the pros at The Original Bugman Pest Elimination, Inc., our services include preventive measures to stop mice from being able to enter your home again. Contact us today for more information about our mouse control services.
Contact The Pros For Effective Mouse Elimination
The simplest and most effective way to get rid of mice and keep them from returning is to call the experts at The Original Bugman Pest Elimination, Inc. We have been helping our neighbors with pest and mouse control in Chapin for over three decades. Call today to schedule your free inspection and reclaim your home from these dangerous pests.