The Most Effective Rodent Control For Your Chapin Home
Rodents in your house or garden can cause expensive damage if left unattended. They create carnage by gnawing, defecating, and nest-building. Not only do rodents carry diseases, but they can also compromise the structural integrity of the structures on your property. So, to avoid creating a disaster in your compound, match any signs of these rodents with the best providers of pest control in Chapin from The Original Bugman Pest Elimination, Inc. This guide will look at the types of rodents that can invade your home, the damage they can cause, how to get rid of rodents, and the most effective control method for your home.
Types of Rodents That Invade Homes
Different rodents can nest in your home as they search for food, shelter, and water. Let’s look at a list of some of the most common house rodents:
- House Mouse: These are small rodents that are gray-brown, often reaching 2 to 7 inches in length, with a long tail and large ears. Although they appear harmless because of their tiny nature, they can be pretty destructive. House mice are top candidates for gnawing electrical wires, and when they set up their nests in hard-to-reach places, they are difficult to remove.
- Roof rats: These are commonly known as rodents in the attic because they live on the roof and in other places like the attic. Roof rats tend to grow up to 6 to 8 inches in length. Like other rodents, they gnaw on furniture and clothing and spread diseases like typhus.
- Norway rats: They are larger than house mice since they grow up to 16 inches long. They are usually gray or brown, with small eyes and a blunt nose. Norway rats are destructive as they gnaw just about anything, including wires, insulation, and wood.
- Deer mice: The name comes from their brown and white fur, which resembles a deer. They are small, typically growing about 3 to 4 inches in length, with a long tail and large ears.
- Cotton rats: The name stems from the damaging effects these rats have on crops like cotton. Typically, their bodies are gray or brown with white or gray bellies. Although they are not house rodents, they can wreak havoc if they access your home.
These are some common rodent species you can find invading your home. If you want a robust rodent control solution for your home, contact The Original Bugman Pest Elimination, Inc.
Rodents Can Make You Sick And Damage Property
Rodents like rats and mice can chew on electrical wiring, which, when damaged, can cause sparks and overheat; this is how some electrical fires start. Since the risk of such fires is real with rodent infestations, it is essential to employ the best method of eliminating these pests from your home when you see them in your house. Rodents are also infamous for carrying diseases through feces, saliva, urine, and blood. They can also bring lice, ticks, and other pests into your home, which can translate to even more diseases.
Rodents spend a lot of time eating, gnawing, building nests, and breeding. As they carry out these tasks, they gnaw their way through walls and other spaces as they search for food and water. Eventually, they will dislodge insulation and harm weather-proofing structures in place. In addition, rodents can gnaw on plastic, clothes, paper, and even wear down furniture.
Four Simple Rodent Exclusion Tips For Around Your Home
Some general tips will make it hard for all rodents to access your home. Here are the basic preventative measures.
- Control moisture levels: Humid environments, leaks, or standing water can serve as a water source for rodents.
- Remove hiding places: Some rodents tend to hide inside or under objects in the yard. They like wood, especially a pile of wood. Clear out these objects or elevate their placement to avoid easy access to rodents.
- Clear out food sources: Rodents are not selective eaters; they can find many food options in the trash can. The best way to store trash and prevent rodents from accessing the trash cans is using trash receptacles with covers. Also, remove fallen bird seeds from the ground and remove dog droppings.
- Seal all entry points: If rodents find their way to your compound, it is important to make it hard for them to enter the main house. So, seal all areas around wire conduits, pipes, doors, and windows. Also, seal any cracks on the foundation of your walls.
Prevention takes care of the root issues and makes your house a less attractive site for rodents. But if rodents gain access to your home, you should employ the most effective rodent control method, hiring professional exterminators.
The Most Effective Rodent Control Method For Your Home
The best way to handle a rodent problem is to contract the services of The Original Bugman Pest Elimination, Inc. A professional crew will offer long-term solutions to free your house from rodents. In addition, professionals will use tried and tested methods that can make it hard for rodents to secure shelter on your premises because experts will deal with all the vulnerable entry points to your house.
The most common rodents invade homes: house mice, roof rats, Norway rats, cotton rats, and deer mice. Rodents spend a lot of time eating, nest building, and damaging property like clockwork. If you don’t have a rodent problem, it is important to learn more about preventative tips. But if you want to get rid of them, contact The Original Bugman Pest Elimination, Inc and get professionals who can offer rodent control treatment plans. In addition to our custom solutions, we also provide follow-up visits. So, get in touch with us today, and let’s get your rodent problem out of the way.