Leesville's Complete Guide To Effective Spider Control
Types Of Spiders You May Find In Your Leesville Home
- Common House Spider: These spiders are medium-sized and yellowish-brown in color. They prefer spaces such as attics, basements, and garages to hide out in.
- Jumping Spider: Jumping spiders come in a range of colors and are fairly small. They tend to stay away from humans but may bite when threatened; their bites are not dangerous.
- Wolf Spider: These spiders may be large, but they are virtually harmless. They prefer outdoor living and have tan bodies with two darker stripes on their backs.
- Brown Recluse: The brown recluse is a medically dangerous spider with a brownish body with a dark violin-shaped marking on its head.
- Black Widow: Another medically dangerous spider, the black widow is black with a red hourglass marking on its abdomen.
What Attracts Spiders To Your Leesville Home
- Pools of moisture inside or outside your home
- Cluttered areas to hide in
- Firewood or other stacks of lumber
- Long grass to hide in
- Plenty of pest prey that result from an untreated infestation or poor food and trash storage techniques
Effective Spider Prevention Tips For Leesville Homes
- Proper food and waste storage are essential in eliminating the pest prey that spiders are after when they enter your home. Make sure that you seal up all trash tightly and store leftover food properly. Also, refrain from leaving out dirty dishes and quickly clean food and drink spills.
- Sealing up potential entry points around your house keeps out all types of spiders and their pest prey. Make sure there are no gaps or cracks around your windows, doors, or foundation, and invest in window and door screens.
- Address moisture issues around your home, as pools of water can easily attract spiders and other pests. Also, make sure your home has proper ventilation throughout.
- Keep your yard clear of debris, the grass trimmed low, and always store firewood at least twenty feet from your house to reduce outdoor spider hiding spots.